Photo Gallery

109th Parish Anniv. Celeb.

On Sunday, November 27, His Grace, Bishop Gregory made a pastoral visit to St. Michael’s Church to bless the renovated church interior. His Grace’s visit was also the opportunity to celebrate the Parish’s patronal feast and the 109 th anniversary of founding.

The parish also took the occasion to honor His Grace on his 4 th anniversary of episcopal ordination.

Jeff Vehovic, parish council president, greeted Bishop Gregory with the traditional bread and salt, followed by the presentation of the altar hand cross to His Grace by Protopresbyter Frank P. Miloro. Father Miloro serves Sunday Liturgy for the small parish several times each month in the absence of a resident pastor. Plain Chant responses were led by Subdeacon LenMyers. Concelebrating was Very Rev. R. Michael Zak, a former pastor.

Before the Liturgy began, His Grace read the Prayer of Rededication and sprinkled the church interior with holy water. The Liturgy concluded with festive anointing and distribution of blessed bread.

A festive dinner followed in the church social hall. Senior parishioner, Mrs. Julia Rapach,

presented the Bishop with roses, and Subdeacon Len Myers offered a toast congratulating Bishop Gregory on his 4 th anniversary of consecration and enthronement. Lorrie Vehovic, church board vice president, spoke in behalf of the parish officers. Bishop Gregory concluded the speaking program. Johnstown Deanery clergy participating were Protopresbyter Robert Buczak, Very Rev. Tony Joseph and Father Matthew Conjelko

Exterior work on the church began in June and consisted of replacing storm windows covering all the stained glass and also painting all decorative trim. Work was done by Cambria Glass and Insulation of Johnstown. New landscaping also was installed. The interior renovation took place next and was completed over two months by Elias Painting Contractors of
Johnstown. Ecclesiastical specialty trim was supplied by Bob Berkebile Painting of Windber.

New lighting and carpeting was also installed.

St. Michael’s Parish was founded in 1907. By that time, there were hundreds of Carpatho-Russians who had settled in Clymer and vicinity. The zealous group erected a modest one-story structure. In 1912 a large rectory was built, and the present church building was
constructed in 1919.
Bishop Gregory with Father Miloro and Father Zak, and altar boys Nykos and Symeon